Application:Drywall To Heavy-Gauge Metal, Sheathing to Metal
Bit Tip:LOX® Bit Tip
- LOX® recess was designed for todays screw guns and for applications where high-torque is required. LOX® will not strip out like most other recesses.
- Head dies are changed more frequently, screws are more evenly heat treated resulting in better formed and stronger heads that resist popping off as screws seat.
- Grabber drill point drywall screws begin with the best available materials and conform to strict manufacturing requirements in thread forming. Extra sharp threads mean screws will drive faster and will hold better.
- Consistently formed extra sharp drill point starts and drills easily into heavy gauge metal framing.
Designed for attaching sheathing to heavy gauge metal (20-14 gauge).
Self tapping drill point is designed for penetration into heavy gauge metal. LOX® recess drive does not require a magnetic bit tip holder. Flat Pan head provides a flat bearing surface.
Head Type: Bugle head
Recess Type: LOX® 2
Thread Type: Single lead
Coating: Clear zinc
Use a standard screwgun with a depth-sensitive nose piece. Suggested screwgun specification for optimal performance – 4 amps minimum and RPM range of 0 to 2,500.
- The flat pan head is fully seated when the head is flush with the work surface.
- Overdriving my result in fastener failure or strip out of the work surface.
- The fastener must penetrate beyond the metal three full thread pitches.
LOX® Recess 8 points of drive contact:
LOX drive technology was created to solve the problems of all the other recess types. The sure-fit bit and 8 points of contact create a unique torque maximization that utilizes the full power of your power tool. The LOX recess requires much less effort to drive. The recess is much less likely to strip out as compared to other recesses. It is the only technology that gives you extended bit life and gives consistent results drive after drive.
- Drywall attachment to steel 33 mil or thicker. Superior corrosion resistance.
- All GRABBER® screw products are manufactured in facilities that are ISO 9001 certified. The fasteners comply with the performance requirements of ASTM C954. ©2012 GRABBER Construction Products, Inc. GRABBER®, STREAKER®, DRIVALL®, LOX®, GRABBERGARD® and SCAVENGER® are registered trademarks of Grabber Construction Products, Inc.
- Attaches drywall or sheathing to heavy gauge metal
SpecificationsApplication:Drywall To Heavy-Gauge Metal, Sheathing to MetalBit Tip:LOX® Bit TipCoating:Clear ZincGauge:10Head Type:Bugle HeadLength:3-1/2-inPackage Type:BulkPoint Type:Drill PointThread Type:Fine Thread