8 x 1-5/8-in LOX Drive, Flat Wafer Head, Fine Thread, Winged Drill Point, GrabberGard® Gray Screws (Bulk)
Item Number: GH8158LG
Application:Sheathing to Metal
Bit Tip:LOX® Bit Tip
- LOX® recess was designed for todays screw guns and for applications where high-torque is required. LOX® will not strip out like most other recesses.
- .375-in flat wafer head with nibs design provides better holding power in cement board to light gauge metal applications. Special nibs self-countersink as the screw seats.
- GrabberGard® limited lifetime exterior-grade coating provides additional protection against corrosion in most exterior applications.
- consistently formed extra sharp pilot point starts and drills easily into heavy gauge metal framing. Special winged drill point clears away sheathing material as the fastener drives in.
- Use a standard screwgun with a depth sensitive nose piece. Suggested screwgun specification for optimal performance – Size #8 - #10, up to 2,500 RPM.
- The screw head is fully seated when the screw head is flush with the surface of the material.
- The fastener must penetrate beyond the metal three full thread pitches.
- Overdriving may result in failure of the fastener.
- Attach high density sheathing or cement board to steel 33 mil or thicker.
- Winged Drill Point
- All GRABBER® screw products are manufactured in facilities that are ISO 9001 certified. The fasteners comply with ASTM C1513 performance requirements. ©2012 GRABBER Construction Products, Inc. GRABBER®, STREAKER®, LOX®, GRABBERGARD® and SCAVENGER® are registered trademarks of Grabber Construction Products, Inc.
SpecificationsApplication:Sheathing to MetalBit Tip:LOX® Bit TipCoating:GrabberGard® GrayGauge:8Head Type:Flat Wafer HeadLength:1-5/8-inPackage Type:BulkPoint Type:Winged Drill PointThread Type:Fine ThreadAmount:4000