8 x 2-1/2-in Phillips, Bugle Head, Fine Thread, Streaker® Point Phosphate Screws (5-LB)
Item Number: VB968
Attaches gypsum board to light gauge steel. Extra sharp threads and Streaker point make driving easier and provide better holding power. Standard bugle head.
Application:Drywall To Light-Gauge Metal
Bit Tip:Phillips Bit Tip
Head Type:Bugle Head
- Grabber’s Pro-Fit™ # 2 Phillips recess is a precision recess designed for better bit engagement resulting in less wobble or strip-out.
- Head dies are changed more frequently, screws are more evenly heat treated resulting in better formed and stronger heads that resist popping off as screws seat.
- Grabber fine thread screws begin with the best available materials and conform to strict manufacturing requirements in thread forming. Extra sharp twin thread screws drive faster and hold better in light gauge metal.
- Grabber’s extra sharp 23˚ Streaker® point design starts immediately and is much less likely to flop over.
Use a standard screw gun with a depth-sensitive nose piece. Suggested screw gun specification for optimal performance - Gauges #6 - #10, up to 4,000 RPM.
- For gypsum board, the bugle head is fully seated when the screw is below the surface of the wallboard in accordance with Section 7.2.2 of ASTM C1002.
- Overdriving my result in failure of the fastener.
- The fastener must penetrate beyond the metal a minimum of three full threads.
Multiple layers of drywall attachment to light gauge steel. Rigid insulation attachment to light gauge steel. Other compatible material attachment to light gauge steel.
All GRABBER® screw products are manufactured in facilities that are ISO 9001 certified. The fasteners comply with ASTM C1002 performance requirements. ©2012 GRABBER Construction Products, Inc. GRABBER®, STREAKER®, LOX®, GRABBERGARD® and SCAVENGER® are registered trademarks of Grabber Construction Products, Inc.
- Attaches gypsum board to light gauge steel. Extra sharp threads and Streaker point make driving easier and provide better holding power. Standard bugle head.
SpecificationsApplication:Drywall To Light-Gauge MetalBit Tip:Phillips Bit TipCoating:PhosphateGauge:8Head Type:Bugle HeadLength:2-1/2-inPackage Type:5-LBPoint Type:23° Streaker® PointThread Type:Fine Thread